All prices shown are GST inclusive
Freight Australia Wide and Internationally available. Contact us for a quote
For International enquiries, please contact us and we will put you in touch with one of our overseas stockists where possible.
HAND MADE RIGHT HERE IN BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA.
THE BEST SELLING IN VEHICLE HEAT EXCHANGER SHOWER and now with a full GATES FITTING KIT included.
The Glind Original shower features the
GLIND AUTO & MARINE HEAT EXCHANGER.
BUILT TO MARINE GRADE STANDARDS.
ALL HEAT EXCHANGERS FITTED WITH STAINLESS STEELS BOLTS AND FASTENERS.
ALL HEAT EXCHANGERS MADE WITH DR BRASS FITTINGS, TO AUSTRALIAN STANDARDS, FOR PUMPING HOT SEA WATER.
A hot water camping shower that runs off your vehicle.
Yes, wherever your vehicle can take you, be sure to enjoy the
great outdoors for days at a time with a Glind hot water
heat exchanger shower system.
The ultimate in four wheel drive and camping accessories. The Glind Aussie Car and Boat Shower guarantees the luxury of a refreshing hot or cold shower wherever you are….the outback, the beach, camping or touring. This kit includes fuse, fuse holder, Narva Rocker switch, high quality stainless steel hose clamps for both 5/8″ and 1/2″ hose, 1-1/2 metres of quality Gates heater hose in both 5/8″ and 1/2″, nuts, bolts and washers to secure pump and eye lugs and other terminals, 80 screen inlet filter, hospital grade 2.4m shower hose (with chrome plated brass fittings) and the best variable flow hand held shower head available. The Glind Original is the only large capacity shower system to incorporate a marine grade water pump. This pump will run at 11 l/min at open flow and have a 50 psi shut off, more than enough for a great shower.
In many modern vehicles, the engine rpm must be lifted to approx 1500 rpm in order to get sufficient coolant flow, and while this may not be necessary in the warmer months, it is essential in the cooler months.
Heat exchangers need 2 things, heat and flow. The heat is governed by the thermostat rating and the flow is determined by engine rpm. More rpm = more flow =more heat transfer.
The modern engines of all sizes, have to meet global emission laws, and as such, coolant is diverted to accommodate this, for example, turbo’s, intercoolers, transmission coolers, EGR’s and DPF’s and as such, the coolant flow is reduced. But this is overcome by lifting engine rpm and it pumps extra amps into the battery system.
If you recirculate and pre-heat the water from a 20lt drum, this system will provide 2 really good showers. Simply wet yourself down, then shut the pump off by shutting off the Glind shower head, then soap yourself up, then re-activate the pump by opening the flow control on the shower head and rinse off. Too easy.
Look at these features:
- This is the premium product in the Glind range.
- Designed for those who need to be able to draw water from a source up to the full length of a garden hose, then up a slope 2m high, then push the water that far too.
- Great for that refreshing hot shower
- Recirculate a bucket of water to get really hot washing up water
- Ready to use at the flick of a switch
- Only two hoses to carry
- The Glind heat exchanger measures 355 mm long X 105 mm high as it sits on its mount bracket. Make sure you have enough room to add hose and hose bends to each end when fitting. As the heat exchanger is a sealed unit, the brass fittings CANNOT be changed or altered and pre-formed heater hoses will be required for tight bends. These pre-formed hoses are available from Glind (see Gates heater hose in the Accessories section).
- Suitable for use on 4, 6 and 8 cylinder petrol and diesel engines, family cars, 4WD’s, trucks, buses, inboard boat motors, earth moving equipment, tractors, generators etc
- Save on space – there is no additional equipment to carry such as gas bottles, gas cartridges, the Glind Original is with you where ever you travel
- Save on van park fees – you have the best accessory with you, enjoy the peace and quite of the bush.
The complete kit contains the proven Glind marine quality heat exchanger, a 12 volt marine grade Flojet pressure pump with an open flow of 11 l/min at 50 psi shut off; in fact every thing you will need to fit your Glind Aussie Car and Boat Shower to your vehicle. With a two year warranty on the Glind heat exchanger and 1 year on the Flojet pump, you can own the Original Glind Aussie Car and Boat Shower.
Thankfully the shower head which is supplied with the Glind systems will provide excellent coverage with water use as low as 4 l/min.
Did you know that some heat exchangers on the market are prone to corrosion, or require sacrificial anodes to stop corrosion of your engine and your heat exchanger simply because of the material they are made from? That cannot happen to a Glind. Buy quality, buy Australian, buy Glind.