POSTAGE is $12.95 anywhere in Australia
Standard Registered Australia Post for any Glind product and any quantity, Australian customers only
The GLIND marine hot water system,
supplying heat exchange hot water showers and more.
Suits inboard and stern drive vessels 40hp (4 cyl) and above.
A marine version of the Glind heat exchanger which is individually hand made in QLD, is made with the stainless steel bolts and DR brass fittings to Australian Standard 486 to cope with the hot salt water environment. This ingenious device weighs less than 2 kg and can deliver up to a whopping 65,000 BTU’s an hour. With an aluminium mount bracket and stainless steel mount bolts you can own one of these for your boat. Why have gas and naked flames on your boat? Standard fittings are 2 x 5/8″ DR brass coolant barbs and 2 x 1/2″ DR brass fresh water barbs.
When using a Glind Marine Heat Exchanger with small diesels, you MUST recirculate the water in order to provide adequate heat. Small diesel engines run at low temperatures and have little engine water flow, and while this is a restriction, by recirculating the fresh water supply while the engine is running, each pass of the fresh water through the heat exchanger makes the water progressively hotter and hotter.
Commercial operators have been using the Glind Marine Heat Exchanger coupled to their onboard generators for years, to provide hassle free hot water ALL the time. From Cape York to Tasmania, the pro’s know that the Glind just keeps working, that’s why they use it.
The Glind Marine Heat Exchanger is now available online at this web site or you can get one from WHITWORTHS Leisure and Marine stores.
The following was prepared by Geoff Cook (GM Whittley Cruisers)
“Whittley Marine Industries have a long and satisfying association with Glind. We have been installing the Glind Heat Exchanger on a range of Whittley Cruisers including the Cruiser 660 which was awarded the AMIF Boat of the Year Award for 2003”
Glind Marine Hot Water System Features
- Hot or cold water for galley and shower
- Suitable for yachts, cruisers, sail boats, ski boats, trawlers or any water craft that uses an inboard motor of suitable size.
- The Glind Heat Exchanger uses waste heat from a vessels engine cooling system or gen set to heat water
- The system pumps water from the onboard fresh water supply tank through the heat exchanger to the shower or sink. One pump will supply continuous pressurised hot or cold water at any desired temperature to multiple outlets
- The engine must be running to provide hot water
- Two years warranty
- Recommend Flojet Water Saver Pump, 12V 3.8 l/min at 35 psi
- No naked flames or electricity
- Compact system easy to install
Simple fitting to Mercruiser 3l 4 cyl motor.
Note top coolant feed hose to heat exchanger
and bottom return hose.